St. Paddy’s Trucker Chow
According to Yahoo, these St. Patrick’s Day dishes are the most popular:
- Shepherd’s Pie – a humble classic, full of hearty meat and potatoes and baked into a thick bready crust.
- Corned Beef – “corned” refers to a process where the beef is cured in a brine solution.
- Irish Soda Bread – popular bread made with, you guessed it, baking soda.
- Corned Beef Brisket – unlike the commonly boiled corned beef, this slow braise is tender, flavorful, and has a caramelized surface when it’s done.
- Green Eggs and Ham – this has nothing to do with Ireland, but it’s popular because it’s green.
- Cabbage Soup – second only to the potato, the cabbage is the second most devoured vegetable in Ireland.
- Cabbage Rolls – wrap cabbage leaves around fillings, such as meat and vegetables.
- Shamrock Shake – check out McDonald’s on St. Paddy’s Day.
- Corned Beef Hash – diced or chopped corned beef, potatoes, and spices mixed together and cooked together or with other ingredients such as onion.
- Fried Cabbage – if you don’t like it boiled or wrapped around fillings, just fry it up.