Code of Ethics
As a member of the International Factoring Association, TBS is proud of our pledge to follow its strict code of factoring ethics:
- Members will aspire to the highest level of professional ethics, as generally expected by the business community.
- Members will aspire to the highest level of industry competence through continued education, and by sharing ideas and experiences with other IFA members.
- Members shall be honest and thorough in all business dealings, including dealings with clients, client’s customers, lenders, and others in our industry.
- Members shall utilize and maintain accurate accounting systems to track each client’s transactions.
- Members shall treat all client information as confidential. This information shall not be disclosed to any person or entity, other than at the client’s direction or by court order.
- Members will facilitate the move from one factor to another, should a client wish to make a change.
- Members shall abide by all local, state, and federal laws.
- No member shall engage in any activity constituting or leading up to a conflict of interest.
- Members shall treat all persons fairly and equally, regardless of race, religion, gender, disability, age or national origin.
- Members shall assist one another in all industry aspects, except for proprietary information. Members shall not use or take advantage of information which may have been obtained in the process.
- Members shall subscribe to truth in advertising standards.
- Members shall strive to promote the International Factoring Association and its goals and objectives, as well as the commercial finance industry as a whole, through educational venues, public relations opportunities, and member advertising media.
- Members shall communicate non-confidential information relating another members violation of this Code of Ethics to the IFA Board of Directors. In the event of such a violation, the member will be required to change their behavior.