Plug in. Turn on. Save money.
Your needs are simple: A fair rate, regular loads with minimal dead-heads, and to get paid as fast as possible. On the road, cash is king, and at TBS Factoring Service we're all about getting you the money you need, when you need it. That's our business.
We hope you are also using our money-saving fuel cards, fuel advances, and other valuable services including free customer credit checks and free text/email packet receipt confirmation.
Here are some ways other truckers are saving time/money with technology:
|Stop paying fax fees. With wireless Internet access and a portable scanner, you can make your own digital copies of the rate sheets/BOL’s and email them to us from the comfort of your cab. Hard to read BOL’s are best scanned to convert to an image or PDF and then faxed or emailed. Depending on the model scanner, this can be done automatically.|
|Put your downtime to productive use. Your next load is just as important as the one you are hauling - use a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or notebook with an aircard to search your favorite load boards.|
|Turn your phone into a Hotspot. Don't want to pay extra for an aircard? Download a Mobile Hotspot app to your iPhone or Android smartphone and tether your laptop to the Internet. As long as you've got a cellular signal, you're in business. (unlimited data plan suggested)|
|Turn your cell phone into a mailbox. Email any time, anywhere.|
|Get fast access to cash. With the EFS Transcheck feature of your TBS/EFS fuel card.|
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that these gadgets are just for the “youngsters” -- a recent study revealed that the technology gap between young and old is rapidly closing. More and more drivers are realizing that the right technology helps them save time; and time is money when you’re on the road.
No one knows your business better than you. Love it or hate, in order for businesses to be successful these days, being technological savvy is a requirement for owners.
- Aircard - A wireless broadband modem that plugs into a laptop computer used in order to connect to cellular internet networks.
- App - Application software running on a computer, a mobile device or other platform.
- Data Plan - Part of a cell phone service provider's monthly plans offered to those who have an Internet-ready cell phone.
- Hotspot - For users of portable computers equipped for wireless, a hot spot is a wireless local area network that provides Internet connection.
- Modem - A device for transmitting digital data over telephone wires by modulating the data into an audio signal to send it.
- PDF - Portable Document Format (PDF) is a file format created by Adobe Systems in 1993 for document exchange.
- Smartphone - A mobile phone offering advanced capabilities, often with PC-like functionality.
- Tethering - Tethering is the practice of using a mobile device (such as a cell phone) as a modem to connect another device (such as a laptop) to the Internet.
- WiFi – A local area network that uses high frequency radio signals to transmit and receive data over distances of a few hundred feet.
We hope you found these tips useful. If you'd like to know more about TBS Factoring Services, and how we can help you get paid faster and avoid customers with a sketchy payment history, call us at 800-207-7661.
LOOK FOR THIS ARTICLE IN THE SPRING ISSUE (APRIL) TRANSCORE LOCATION DIRECTORY